What's new

A long forgotten backorder

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Back in April I tried to order 2 scratch and dent wine coolers from Air N Water. The site let me order them even though the inventory said it was out of stock. I put it through thinking, "What the hell? Worst case, they just tell me no." Sure enough, a few days later I get a bad news email, and they asked me to conact them to clear eveything up. I called and asked if they could just be put on back order, and they agreed but couldn't tell me when they might get some more. I hung up and proceeded to kind of forget about it. Then today...
new air.jpg
BOOM!
They're both scratch and dent, but one looks immaculate and the other has a small scratch on the door. I'm very excited about setting these up and now I have to get some KL and order some drawers and shelves. This is what 7 months on this site does to a guy. I thank and blame each and every one of you.

Bearclaw

The dude playin the dude disquised as another dude
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Great buy, congratulations! I found my KL at Kroger 8lb for $8. Have plenty left over if you have any trouble finding it.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks guys! Here's an update:

I washed them both out a mild soap and DW, then again later with just DW. I left both doors open for 2 days and that seems to have dissipated any plastic smell. Thanks for the offer @Bearclaw, but I was able to find some KL at Wal-Mart pretty cheap. I also bought a couple 8x8 square pie pans. I'm only using the lids though to hold the KL. I duct taped a piece of visqueen on the back wall and draped it into the pan, so hopefully any condensation will roll back into the KL. I've also temporarily duct taped over the drain hole in case I decide to run a fan in there, if not I'll permanently plug it later.
Does anyone see anything I'm doing wrong so far, or something I can do better?