What's new

A stupid question

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up my friends I have a stupid question so don't judge me. Is ok to put kitty litter crystals and heartfelt beads 65% in the same wineador?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I dont think it would be any problem... both media absorb and release RH.. it might take a little while for everything to balance out depending on the absorption and release rate of the two different substances.. (your KL and beads might be swapping spit for a little while).. but I cant see how it could have any kind of negative effect on your sticks as long as you didnt put them in the environment until the you got everything set...

question though... why both?

If youve purchased KL.. you likely have more than enough on hand to last you for the next several years....

Im assuming you already have beads, but need more, and dont want to spend the extra money on more beads as opposed to going the KL route?

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Same wineador is fine, but I would keep them in separate containers inside the wineador though

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have a 18 bottle wineador and 2 pounds of beads. Just wanted to know just i case i needed more

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Johnson control unit and had to drill a hole through the drain hole to run the wire. I used silicone to seal up the hole but I just want overkill when it comes to humidity just i case it leaks through the hole

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
2lbs will be overkill :)

youre already set without the KL IMO....

Ive got just barely more than 1/2 LB in a 12 count wineador.. along with 4x bovedas.... and Im rock solid at 65... with very fast bounce back..

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I don't want to thread jack, but I have 65% beads and 65% bovedas in my humi and can't get my rh lower than 69-70%. Seal is good, hygrometer is set.... Idk what else to do

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I don't want to thread jack, but I have 65% beads and 65% bovedas in my humi and can't get my rh lower than 69-70%. Seal is good, hygrometer is set.... Idk what else to do
stop opening the humi and sweating on it with excitement about what sticks you have? :)

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Being that beads and boveda packs are pretty fool proof it's hard to imagine that they are the issue. Since it's winter time I would think that the ambient RH is actually lower so a leak is unlikely, maybe you had a humidity speak in your humidor before and the wood hasn't adjusted yet? If you are positive that the hygrometer is giving you a good reading, try drying the beads out some and putting them back in. It's possible you got a bad batch of beads, maybe isolate those and test with the hygrometer to see what readings you get. You can also check to make sure your hygrometer battery isn't low or maybe recalibrate using a more accurate method (boveda pack)?