What's new

Accumonitor canister refills

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
A little background: I've had an Avallo Triple D shorty for almost two years now. Here's my issue, I feel as if I'm refilling the canisters more than I should be on average once every 5-6weeks at max. I just filled it on 2/26 and it's gone thru about 1/4 of the water already. Does anyone have any info on theirs? How long before refilling? I had an issue with the bottom drawer not closing fully that Matt and I were able to fix. The bottom left door has a small gap when closed between the actual door and the foam insulation, can't seem to get it fixed and multiple emails to Avallo/Matt have gone unanswered. I honestly gave up calling and emailing because of the non returns. Does it seem like it's going thru TWO full canisters too quickly? I feel as if the actual canister fans go off about every 45mins. Thanks for any input guys.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I refill my canisters between 4 and 6 weeks, But I love in So cal and are humidity sucks, my fans go off about once and hour, but it's based on the humidity level set in my Avallo,

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't know but that certainly seems excessive, I live in SoCal as well and while the humidity has been way up and down lately I haven't really had that much change in my humidors or cabinet, are you sure the joints and seals (around any glass or doors) are good?

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I don't know but that certainly seems excessive, I live in SoCal as well and while the humidity has been way up and down lately I haven't really had that much change in my humidors or cabinet, are you sure the joints and seals (around any glass or doors) are good?
Besides the bottom left of the left door seal I would have no way of even remotely knowing how to check the seals.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Besides the bottom left of the left door seal I would have no way of even remotely knowing how to check the seals.
You could put a flashlight inside and check for light.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I refill my canisters between 4 and 6 weeks, But I love in So cal and are humidity sucks, my fans go off about once and hour, but it's based on the humidity level set in my Avallo,
What's up Angry Bill? I'm happy to hear the Avallo is still alive and kicking.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Just look around the edges and make sure the seal is compressed. You can adjust the magnetic catches rearward in the cas to tighten the seal. I have a 1200 and refill mine every 2 months on avg.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I've adjusted all the magnets already. I've even adjusted the door so there's no gap, in doing so the door has become uneven. Fixed the gap issue, but it's annoying to look at when you want everything to look perfect as I do.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
4 - 6 weeks for me, even here in the wet northwest. Problem is the RH in the house itself goes way down in the winter due to our heating system. Once the heat goes off in the spring, I can go 2 - 3 months without a refill.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I would think that the humidity in my house is about 45-55%
There is this thing inside you humi, often digital, that reads humidity... You can pull it out and set it on top for a hour and get a exact RH reading of your home. 🙀😬😬😬
Sorry for your troubles brother. I still say keep firing away at Matt at Avallo. Give him a call!!!!

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
How many canisters in your Triple D? The avallo sites says it comes with two (2) which IMO is not enough and most likely why you're refilling so often. I'd get in touch with Matt and see about adding 2 more canisters. I think the controller will accommodate it. I know they sell one that does take four (4) canisters. Might need to upgrade or swap out with him.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I've got a glass door DDD+ which is larger than a DDD and I only need two canisters. It came with four canisters but that was wayyyyy overkill in it and my humidity top to bottom is much more stable using just the top two canisters. I also live in an extremely dry region in the winter. Ambient humidity in my man cave is routinely not measurable as it drops below 20% which is where the Xikar seemingly stops reading. I refill my canisters every 4-6 weeks. I also have the humidor doors open quite frequently. Probably at least once a day on average. Mine is also about 1/2 full of boxes and the singles drawer is full as well.

How often do you open the humidor up? Also, how full is your humi? Your 5 week time between fills is spot in with me.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Thanks Justin. Wiseass. Lol, yes that 45-55% is a reading from the hygrometers. Open it weekly. I guess I can reach out to Matt, again, gets tiring after awhile.