What's new

Air circulation... good or bad?

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Is constant air circulation OK inside a humidor? No fans or anything blowing directly on the sticks, but definite, constant circulation of air. Good, bad or indifferent?

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
constant is not good.
But circulation is necessary. If the air settles for too long, all your humidity will be in one place.

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
Not sure if constant is required, but I have 3 fans in my big cabinet to keep the air moving and have had success. It works for my set-up. I would assume some of it would have to do with your particular humidor, location, temp, etc...
There are some guys on here with a lot more experience that I'm sure can give you a more defined answer.

Good Luck.

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
If you have a large humi or cooler you should have some type of fan to circulate the air just so the humidity does not settle in one area. For a desktop or small humi just cracking the lid occasionaly to check on your stash or grab a smoke should circulate the air enough

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I have three Oust Fans in my cabinet (5 cubic ft) it automatically cycles 5 minutes "ON" and 15 minutes "OFF" for maximum air circulation.