What's new

Also Fairly Bummed ....

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
So I ordered a scratch and dent New Air 281e from air and water and it arrived today ... well most of it did. The door to the fridge was off of the top hinge and the wiring harness was sliced through in several places. No big deal I though and set about rehanging the door (which meant bending the brackets back and also reshaping the bottom of the fridge a bit as this thing had been through the wringer!). With the door now back on I spliced the harness back together after checking to see that the seal on the door was still good (which surprisingly it was). Great I thought, I'm a very handy dude and just saved myself some money (which is good because I'm out of work at the moment due to a knee injury) so lets get this baby plugged in and see how it goes. Well it did not go. The unit is not functional as anything but a badly beaten coffee table. I've contacted air and water and am keeping my fingers crossed. Looks like wineador number two will have to wait a bit. Oh well, the shelves and drawers from Forrest are still a ways out anyway.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could have started this thread. With the exception of the wiring I had the same exact experience. Called A&w and they sent a call tag and new unit the same day, we'll see. Patience is one of many virtues I don't have

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Well after emailing back and forth and then several phone calls the response I got from Air and Water was less than satisfactory. They said since it was a scratch and dent unit and they don't have anymore in stock so I could either pay the difference and get a new unit shipped or return the non functioning one for a refund. If I want a fridge from them then I have to fork over more money than it would cost for me to place an entirely new order with them. I can't fault them for offering a refund ... I guess I just thought they'd be more concerned with making an order right then just doing the bare minimum they legally had to. Oh well, now to figure out if I want to shell out the extra cash for a new unit or buy one from elsewhere. Right now I'm leaning towards giving my money to another vendor.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Wow I guess I lucked out with them, I ordered 281e, with the drawers and shelves add on, ordered on a Mon, it was here on the following Fr, New with the add on, no shipping cost, or taxes, 316.00, and I didn't have to wait forever for someone to make them....To me it was worth the cost IMHO

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
So after a few more days and contacting the owner of the company and posting a few things online ..... they are replacing the broken unit with a new one at no cost to me. I'm pleased that they decided to do what was right in this situation and happy that this is all settled.