What's new

Aluminum cigar carriers

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just got a nice 10 unit aluminum cigar case with a purchase of some cigars. It seems to seal quite well.

My question is, do I need to put in a humidity pack if I only use it for a weekend camping trip? Will the case essentially keep the atmospheric interior inert enough to keep the cigars fresh for a few days just by sealing out the exterior conditions?

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Should be kosher for a few days I wouldn't worry about it too much man. Anything over like 5 days you probably want to have a couple beads in there something.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
all carriers are NOT made equal, and it depends on the seal. throw some pix up if you can, give us an idea of what you are working with.

IMHO, and i general without knowing what you are working with specifically, a boveda would not be necessary for short term, if your stash is in good condition. then again, if you do have one on hand, toss it in, couldn't hurt.

Last edited:

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
If youre just talking a couple of days.. I dont think you need a humidity pack..

Ive got a plastic one with a very good rubber seal (made by pelican) that is probably the same size as yours (holds up to 10 churchills).. Ive taken it on week long trips, and never noticed a difference in how the first stick smokes vs the last one over a 5-7 day period of time..

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've got two of these cases and they work pretty well. I throw in boveda pak or pillow in them when I use for travel and I have a small digital hygro and it stays at the RH I like. Do a small experiment with yours...if it stays constant with RH after a day you know you have a good unit.