What's new

Another wino experiment

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
OK so I decided to run the wino. Why? An experiment for the summer months. I just wanted to see what the RH would do with the wino running.

Without it on, my hygros were both reading 71 degrees and 65% RH top and bottom. Calibrated them last week so I know they're spot on.

I turned on the wino for the first time with sticks and trays in there, and the wino display said 75 degrees? Weird. I trust my calibrated hygro more than the fridge though.
It ran for maybe 5 minutes and shut down at what it thought was 66 degrees. My hygro's now read 69 degrees but RH was 57%. Can that be right? 2 degrees will effect the RH that much?

Anyways, I do plan on running it in the summer when my room will be around 75 or 76 degrees so I figured I'd run this little experiment now when there's only cedar trays in there and only a handful of sticks.

I sprayed the KL a few times and will see what it does. These trays are a temp solution until I get my drawers from John so I'm just messing around and experimenting. I'll have to do this all over again when the drawers show in April.

Just want to know if an 8 point RH swing is normal for only a 2 degree drop in temp? Seems a bit extreme to me.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Alright well after a couple hours the hygros are showing 66 degrees (I guess the temp is actually correct on that fridge) and 67RH up top and 65 on bottom.

I can live with 66 degrees. I guess I don't even need a temp controller.