What's new

Any electrical guru's-wiring?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Would like to install the Ranco ETC unit on my fridgeodor, but honestly I am completely aloof when it comes to electrical. More fear of frying the unit as well as meselves, than the actual task. :bigeyes:

Can anyone give me a quick and easy tutorial, on how to wire this badboy up.

My Avanti has an externally mounted temp control unit now, mounted on the back. I also have the factory wiring diagram for the cooler. If I have any takers/volunteers I can email the diagram.

Thanx fella's

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
What is there to wire? Mine just runs the sensor inside through a small hole drilled in the side and just plsg in to the wall. The I plag the fridge into the temp cobtroller and it turns off power to the fridge when the temp gets to 70.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What is there to wire? Mine just runs the sensor inside through a small hole drilled in the side and just plsg in to the wall. The I plag the fridge into the temp cobtroller and it turns off power to the fridge when the temp gets to 70.

Dave, is your's a Ranco?

I bought the one that everyone else has referred to*ETC-111000-000*

It has the sensor that passes into the inside, but it requires 110V in and out of the controller to the compressor. My cooler can be switched to off, and the inside light still can be used.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Dave, is your's a Ranco?

I bought the one that everyone else has referred to*ETC-111000-000*

It has the sensor that passes into the inside, but it requires 110V in and out of the controller to the compressor. My cooler can be switched to off, and the inside light still can be used.
don't know the brand, mine has the 110 installed, but I see the advantage of yours, my light does not work when the fridge is off, because it cuts off power to the entire fridge. Mine is way easier, yours is way better.:disappoin