What's new

Anyone ever tried one of these?

Kip

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't think I've ever seen that one before either - but just in case you didn't notice it's only the controller. It has to be wired to an existing humidifier to work (or "humidifire" as the lister says :)). So, you'll have to buy some type of reservoir and fan at a minimum to use this one. Depending on how much space you need to humidify, you can find other electronic devices that include the reservoir for not much more money.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Well it looks like it's just a controller for whatever auto humidier you're using. As long as your humidification device can be hooked up to it I don't see why it wouldn't work, you most likely will have to hook up your power leads to it. What are you going to use for the actual humidifying? How are you going to deal with high RH?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
just my opinion... but I think you might be going down the wrong route for humidification..

unless you are thinking about a monster sized wineador.. I dont think you are going to need an active humidification source.. a decent wineador is going to seal up extremely tight and keep very good, balanced, stable RH... some beads or KL.. and a handful of bovedas.. and maybe a fan or two depending on the size of the unit you are looking at is really all you need...

if youre looking for RH monitoring.. there are a lot of decent options out there ranging from small digital hygros from xikar, hygroset, etc.. that have a digital read out on the face of the actual unit.. to multi sensor units from oregon scientific and others where you can put several sensors at various places in your box (or in multiple boxes) and get a digital read out for all of them on a single device.. on the low end you are talking about maybe $15 for one of the single digital hygros.. on the high end youre looking at somewhere between $35-$100 for a nice multi sensor unit...

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
My thinking was this. I was thinking of using the beads for humidity and that unit to control the RH by automatically running the fans as needed. My drawers are scheduled to ship on or about the 29th so I have been making myself crazy trying to decide on a way to humidify the wineador. I have emailing back and forth with Oasis and I might go that way. I have one in desk top and works great. Worry and maintance free for the most part. If these drawers don't get here soon they might commit me! I am going to love this wineador when it is finally finished but patience has never strong suit. I am worse than a 6 year old on Xmas morning!

Guys, thanks for your input, it is very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If you are getting drawers made, you most likely won't have a ton of room for that cigar oasis to move air around, and thus it will turn off fast as it reads the humidified air around it. Forest makes those drawers to fit really nicely. It seems that everyone just goes with the humidity beads in a bunch of drawers. I imagine, due to the fact that I do not have this set up, that this is due to the lack of airflow.
Those units like the Cigar Oasis and such are better in a larger, more open cabinet/cooler in my opinion.
Beads beads beads beads beads.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
If you are getting drawers made, you most likely won't have a ton of room for that cigar oasis to move air around, and thus it will turn off fast as it reads the humidified air around it. Forest makes those drawers to fit really nicely. It seems that everyone just goes with the humidity beads in a bunch of drawers. I imagine, due to the fact that I do not have this set up, that this is due to the lack of airflow.
Those units like the Cigar Oasis and such are better in a larger, more open cabinet/cooler in my opinion.
Beads beads beads beads beads.
So Zed, let me get this straight, you like the beads?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the others as to just using the beads for your application. That being said, I have the unit that you flagged and it works flawlessly in my six foot tall cabinet. Made by a company called WillHi and the model is WH8040. I bought mine from a USA seller for $29.99 and free shipping.

It's programmable for the set point. I have it set to 70% and it turns on at 66% and off at 70%. For me, that works!

Dennis