What's new

anyone try the beads from cheaphumidors?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They have 70% beads in 1 lb bags for half of heartfelt. I think it is time for me to ditch the foam and go with beads. Does anyone know if these are the same? Also can you wet them with 50/50 cigar fluid or does it have to be just distilled water?:skew:

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
If I understand your question correctly, yes, those beads at Heartfelt are the same beads everyone refers to here. Go for it. And you should only use distilled water with them, as far as I know.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let me clarify, cheaphumidors.com has beads for half the price of heartfelt. Are they the same thing I guess is what I am asking? I want to go with 70% beads.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I do not think they are the same, but not sure. I know that with the heartfelt beads you just use distiller water which saves a TON of money on solutions--and mine work great!

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Well I don't know if they are the same but why not go with what you know works. Plus they are a sponser so be nice to help them out. As I see it you spend a lot of $$$ for your collection why risk losing them to an unproven product.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I had some beads from Cheaphumidor and they worked OK, they seemed to fluctuate more than the Heartfelt beads I use now and take longer to bring back the humidor after I'd opened it up. They are better than foam, but for my money, especialy on somthing so critical that last for so many years, I'll only by Heartfelt now.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Let me clarify, cheaphumidors.com has beads for half the price of heartfelt. Are they the same thing I guess is what I am asking? I want to go with 70% beads.
Got it. Don't know if they're the same, so I'll defer to the sage advice of the folks here. I'll chime in with chorus, however, and say that Heartfelt beads are great.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Heartfelt beads are the shit.....I used them for awhile before switching to a hydra and never had a problem ......never:stretchgr.....Dave at Heartfelt has never let me down.......

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Go with Heartfelt, they are the best out there, and seriously... you're talking about an investment you'll make once every.......... hmmm.......... that's right........ they dang near last forever.

Besides, our sponsors are all best of breed. You won't be disappointed.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good points guys, I was going to be ordering something else from cheaphumidor so I just figured it made sense shipping wise to buy from one source. One more question do the heartfelt 70 stay at 70? I have heard some say they stay a little bit higher in which case I might want the 65%. :scratchhe

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I don't use the 70% beads; I use the 65% ones, and they usually hover between 63% - 67% on the low and high ends, staying mainly at 64% - 65%, so I'm sure the 70% beads will have the same kind of fluctuation, depending of course on what kind of humidor you've got and what the weather's like where you live (I live in Vegas where it's pretty dry and haven't had a problem with humidity since getting my beads . . . the foam, on the other hand, was a huge problem for me).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
NC here no problem in the summer but winter is more of a challenge. I am around 65 now with foam and a tube of gel crystals. (which is due to be replaced)