What's new

Anything wrong with other brands of wine fridges?

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
When I was searching the decision came down to a few key features... one was the temperature range, and how it is adjusted. Vinotemps seem to have a slightly higher temp range and most are digitally controlled which make them convenient. Lower temps can make RH a bit tougher to moderate.

Nothing against the other brands, but that's what swung the vote for me. (Mine was also a screaming deal)

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
When I was searching the decision came down to a few key features... one was the temperature range, and how it is adjusted. Vinotemps seem to have a slightly higher temp range and most are digitally controlled which make them convenient. Lower temps can make RH a bit tougher to moderate.

Nothing against the other brands, but that's what swung the vote for me. (Mine was also a screaming deal)
What size did you end up going with? I'm looking at getting a 16 bottle one because I'm thinking I won't need too much more than 8-9 boxes...but I said the same thing when I bought my first hundred count desktop humi.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I had a 28 bottle Avanti. I hooked it up to a timer and it worked for 3 years, then one day it stopped cooling.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I chose the vino for price also. Got a good deal. Even better thanks to dumb employees at Target.

I would get one that you can adjust the temp up. Around 65 is ideal for me.

Make sure you get a thermoelectric one. Then it will not build up condensation inside.

Get some beads and you are good to go.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I chose the vino for price also. Got a good deal. Even better thanks to dumb employees at Target.

I would get one that you can adjust the temp up. Around 65 is ideal for me.

Make sure you get a thermoelectric one. Then it will not build up condensation inside.

Get some beads and you are good to go.
Dumb employee you say?

Also that's awesome to hear about the thermoelectric. That was one of my main concerns with getting the fridge as opposed to a regular old coolerdor.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
THERMO-ELECTRIC is verry important, I do not recomend a compressor model, it will be a pain to maintain humidity, if you can do it at all. If it's supper quiet, you are OK, if you see a radiator or refrigerant tank in back, stay away. That and the temperature range makes the Vino one of few out of the box units that are ready to go and a fair price.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was using an Emerson 16 bottle that I picked up at target. It worked great, but I needed to upsize, so I went with a 28 bottle Vinotemp.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I went with Vino b/c I wanted custom shelves/drawers......Vinos are not cheap........Thermoelectric is the only way to go, wasting your money if you go compressor route IMHO.........Settings didnt matter too much to me as I use a external temp controller

Was @ Lowes today, they have a nice selection of various brands currently

Bart

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I too have an Edgestar and couldn't be happier with it. I outfitted it with some nice shelves and drawers, and it is finally looking pretty nice!

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
The way that I see it is Vinos are like buying a Lexus. Now you can buy a Toyota & it's basically the same car as the Lexus. There may be a few different bell & whistles & sure a different price tag. But either vehicle will work just fine. It's all about how much you'd like to spend.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The kicker with vinotemp or vinocave ..etc... is that they are cedar lined usually..and they have cedar shelving. Most of the commercial smaller wine fridges....are metal...they don't have the ability to maintain or control temp AND humidity. just my 2 cents.... that and a buck will get you a cup o'joe