What's new

Armoire conversion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I currently have a good sized armoire in my bedroom that is without a tv or any real purpose right now. Right now the idea of converting it to a humidor is a real possibility. Has anyone ever done this or heard of someone doing this?
-Mike

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Doing just that right now. Just finished lining with spanish cedar. Pics soon.

Rauchermann

Smokin' in Iraq
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Wow, I was just thinking about this yesterday. We have a large one with the half circle top. I was wondering how one would convert it...looking forward to the pics

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
My son is doing the conversion. He remove the original doors, all the shelves and front and is creating new ones with heavier harware and I believe a magnetic seal. This allows better use of the cab since it had a top shelf for a VCR etc.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have three 180 quart coleman coolers and a 120 quart igloo I plan on converting to ice chests. This TV cabinet was custom built for us over 15 years ago by a 65 year old master craftsman in CT. With the imergence of flat screens it sadly became just a nice piece of furniture in storage. Wife hates the cooledors and came up with the idea and is funding the detailed conversion.

Good luck with your own project.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Rauchermann

Smokin' in Iraq
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very thought-provoking; as you say, with the decline of the tube TV many of those old TV armoires should be coming available for sale, often cheap - and would make an awfully nice alternative to the arm-and-a-leg priced custom humidor cabinets!

Rauchermann

Smokin' in Iraq
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And speaking of conversions - have y'all seen the converted .50 caliber ammo can humidor? It was autographed by some celebrity and auctioned off awhile ago. Thinking about this, the 40MM cans should be good for 8-10 boxes of cigars easily - and the new style plastic footlockers would be just about ideal! Just thinking...