What's new

Avallo Accumonitor Review

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First I want to just say how much I really like the Avallo Accumonitor. It's really easy to set up and it really is something you can not worry about once it's all set up. I picked up a large cabinet from Cuban Crafters and after letting 10 or so bowls of distilled water rest in the humi for almost 3 weeks (which really the only reason why I had them in there so long was I was waiting for the Avallo) which kept a constant 75 RH. I was really surprised at how much water was left in the bowls when I was done, a good 3/4's of it was gone.

Anyway once the Avallo got to my house I went to set it up, only it was missing some y connectors. I called Matthew and he sent them out and then I was able to set everything up. I got the 20/40 with fan controller/timer on it. It comes with 4 canisters and 4 fans. The added controller which is enclosed in the unit allows the fans to run every hour for a minute and then when the canisters turn on (if humidity drops below 4 points of desired setting) the fans stay on for a minute after the canisters turn off (canisters have fans on the lid). The unit itself is really easy, on the top left you have the desired RH, on the top right is the reading of the RH, and the bottom is the temp. I have two hygrometers in there (one on top and one on bottom) that were set up with some humipacks so they are dead on. The Avallo was about two off, but holding the two white buttons at once will allow you to adjust the unit's RH so now it's perfect. Just for some S&G's I put some heartfelt beads in the humi but really just used them to lower the rh a bit because I wanted to keep it below 70, because the Avallo doesn't seem to be able to suck humidity up like the beads do so achieving my 65 - 68 RH is a bit hard but the beads seem to help a bit though maybe they aren't I dunno but right now I'm going with 69 and it seems to be a good happy medium.

So from a guy who use to use the Oasis system and beads, I would say that the Avallo is much better. Plus for a large cabinet I would need maybe two oasis systems and even then a few pounds of beads. So for the ease of setting up and maintaining everything Avallo seemed like the best way to go. Plus it's all made in America and I like that. Communication with Matthew was pretty good. Sometimes emails were really quick other times took a few days but all in all great experience. Below are a few pics of the unit.

I should add that I have been on the fence about an additional fan controller unit that can add another 4 fans but really everything seems to work really well right now and I haven't seen any problems with dead zones. Maybe in the months ahead I'll know more but I thought I should mention it.