What's new

Avanti 28 bottle winecooler failing-GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just an FYI.

I bought this brand new a year ago. Sure enough at the end of the warranty, it does not cool anymore. Contacted Avanti, had to copy receipt, peel off label on back, cut cord and send all with a 10 dollar check to them. Still waiting.

Hope it doesn't happen to you!

Jeff

Last edited:

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Just an FYI.

I bought this brand new a year ago. Sure enough at the end of the warranty, it does not cool anymore. Contacted Avanti, had to copy receipt, peel off label on back, cut cord and send all with a 10 dollar check to them. Still waiting.

Hope it doesn't happen to you!

Jeff:angryteet

What are they sending you? Are they replacing the unit or all the electronics? You had to cut the power cord?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Since I had to cut the cord to it, I am assuming they will send me a replacement power/fan/cooler. Looks like I unbolt the old one and install the new one.

The model is the 28 bottle cooler. If you need the model number, I'd have to look it up.

Jeff

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I get home tonight and a huge box is sitting on my porch. It's from Avanti, and you guessed right, they sent me a whole new unit. Designed alittle different, but FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Anyway, I have a year old Avanti wine cooler with a cut off plug for anyone who wants to meet me in Austin---FREE to the first one who says I'll take it.

Jeff:agreesmil

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thats cool! would take all of about 4 mins to wire a new cord into it! Its not useless because there is no power cord, thats a simple repair, just have to figure out the other problem you were having...

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Thats cool! would take all of about 4 mins to wire a new cord into it! Its not useless because there is no power cord, thats a simple repair, just have to figure out the other problem you were having...
Prob the Peliter which is easy and cheap to replace. Check out the winecooler 101 thread.

JP8

USAF Retired
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Thanks for posting this. My wife gave an Avanti 28 for Christmas last year...hope mine doesn't crap out too.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
So I get home tonight and a huge box is sitting on my porch. It's from Avanti, and you guessed right, they sent me a whole new unit. Designed alittle different, but FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Anyway, I have a year old Avanti wine cooler with a cut off plug for anyone who wants to meet me in Austin---FREE to the first one who says I'll take it.

Jeff:agreesmil
If I was in the area I'd come pic it up! I need the storage.
Not to mention that changing out the peltier looks easy enough, and a new power cord would take me 30 secs to wire blindfolded.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Taz, not to nit pick, but the thumbs down for avanti in your title is a bit misleading. I understand at the onset of the issue, but this has turned out as a thumbs up in my book.