What's new

Avanti SWC2800M or Edgestar 28 Bottle Thermoelectric

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Looking for feedback from owners of each - considering one or the other - have read previous threads here - what are your experiences with reliability and performance -

Thanks all!!!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I own the SWC2800M and it works fine. It's fairly quiet and hasn't increased the electricity bill by much. RH is not consistent in all areas of the unit but I'm not sure if that's unique to the design of the SWC2800M or not. I assumed it had something to do with the location of the fan being in the middle of the unit but I've also heard owners of EdgeStar units claiming RH isn't consistent all over either.

You may end up wanting drawers for your unit. Keep in mind that the SWC2800M has fewer slots for shelves and drawers than other units do. The SWC2800M has 6 slots while some EdgeStar units have twice as many. What does this mean ultimately? Fewer and deeper drawers spanning the depth of one slot to another when compared to an EdgeStar.

I've only encountered 1 peculiar incident with my cooler. One morning, I looked over at the unit and found the display was reading 55° F. I know I didn't change the settings and my wife swears she didn't. But yeah, weird.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the avanti model. I think it had been great. The outer shell is a bit flimsy though.
great seal. 2lb of beads, it is rock solid, with minimal condensation.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Had my edgestar up and running for a little over a week now. really like it. i need to get some drawers put in it which I am on the list for but other than that I am happy with it right now.