What's new

avanti wine cooler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am brand new to this forum and had a few questions about using a wine cooler for a humidor. First is there a difference between using a cooler with a thermoelectric vs a compressor? Second are there certain brands to avoid and others that are better for this job. Any advice would be appreciated. Am going to fill bio info. Just wanted the info as I am looking at two wine coolers in area today.
Thanks Matt

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hey Buddy, welcome. I'm also new around hrere, but the first thread I read was Wine Cooler 101.
Grab a stogie and check it out. It's a fantastic read!

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
For the first question, yes...you definitely want to go with a thermoelectric cooler over a compressor. Compressor will suck the rh out of the cooler...also has more moving parts and tend to be louder/more vibration.

As far as what brand...There are a lot of choices out there, and people have had varying degrees of success with the cheaper/less known models. From my limited experience (although I've done a lot of reading on the subject)I'd say the tops would probably be Vinotemp, Edgestar, and Avanti.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Hey Buddy, welcome. I'm also new around hrere, but the first thread I read was Wine Cooler 101.
Grab a stogie and check it out. It's a fantastic read!
Great recommendation on a very helpful read!

Here's a good article with links to the top 16 wine coller manufacturers....

Wine Refrigerator Guide

The manufacturer links are at the bottom of the article.