What's new

Bead Placement

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a 150 count desktop humi for Christmas, and just received my beads in the mail. There is a tray separating the top and bottom of the humi.

Does the placement of the beads in the humi matter much? Would it make a difference if they were on the top or bottom? Does the humidity tend to rise, or sink in a humi with a lot of emtpy space?

Since this is my first humi I realize I may be over analyzing this, but I am just trying to get everything figured out up front instead of having to go through a drawn out trial and error period. Any and all suggestions and opinions would be greatly appreciated by this noob. Thanks in advance.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
there was a discussion not long ago about humidity rising or falling... I believe in a humidor that size the beads would be fine anywhere.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I would place some in the bottom and some on top and just track the humidity... That's a fairly large desktop and it sounds pretty deep so the humidity can vary. Just get the tubs or do as I do and make your own device.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Depending on the "outside" temperture, humidity will rise and fall....is that not correct?

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I would absolutely ask Ron C about this.
Look for the forum named Ask Ron, and submit your question.

Ron is nice, extremely knowlegable, and will point you in the right direction without trying to sell you anything.

Good luck, and know that you are not over analyzing this...Improper humidity can destroy your cigars!

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Humidity is makes the air LESS dense and thus rises....condensation falls.....but it is all relative!

A little on top and on bottom is probably the best advice if you will not be opening the humi frequently. If you will be opening it a few times a week you should be fine with just putting them in one spot anywhere.