What's new

Beads

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep of a dish and what type of dish can it be a plastic dish also can the
lid be off. Also can I use the rectangle humidification device that came with the
humidor. From there i will spray the beads. I bought 75% Beads 1" diam x 5" wid
how many do i put in a 50 ct bally humi

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
There is all different way people go about placing their beads in their humis.

I personally have just bought the tubes with the beads so that I didn't have to worry about placing them in anything. You can find yourself a small plastic tray that might be used to hold nuts and bolts, or go even cheaper and visit the dollar store and pick up some pantie hose. You can take your plastic holder that came with your humi and mod it to hold the beads by placing a small mesh screen in it so that the beads do not fall out.

Heartfelt has empty tubes you can purchase Here

They also have nylon bags on this page Here

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Also if you want it, I have a cigar mechanic holder that has beads in it that came in a humi I got off craigslist that I think the beads were dead. I can ship it to you if you'd like and you can try and open it and replace the beads.

Also 75%? That's a bit high for RH.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I also went with the empty tubes in my wineador. Along with some "loose" beads in a tupperware container. They say to put them in a "shallow" container but I put them in whatever the wife had laying around and it is working very well. Just be sure to not over hydrate the beads as it is very easy to do and then you have to wait for them to dry out.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
75 is way to high! You will run the risk of having a mold factory and you sticks will smoke like wet logs...

Ideally for the best burning and most flavorful sticks store at:
62-65 for NC
60-62 for CC

PS.. Throw the humidifier that came with the humidor away.. They are all junk! And if it came with a hygrometer throw that away as well and buy a nice digital!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I agree with Yodis... ditch the 75% stuff.. that is way too high..

70% would be my absolute max..

personally I try to keep my sticks at 65%.. if RH creeps above 67% I start taking action to "dry" things out.. if RH gets below about 62% I take action to add a little humidity in...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got them at Heartfelt Industries but I
can't find my invoice. And I'm not sure
if I bought ( 70% or 75% ) RH. So I
wonder if they have a shipping invoice.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I believe the highest RH they make is 70%, So you could use those if you would like. You'll find most like to keep theirs as mentioned above within the 65% range.

There should be an invoice, each time I have ordered it has come with one. Also I would get email invoices as well as shipping information.