What's new

Black Marks on Heartfelt Beads

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ive got some beads that started turning a bit dark... is it mold? Ive been using distilled water in them, and Im letting them dry out right now.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
At first I thought you were putting a black mark on Heartfelt, y'know - like the pirate's black spot. ... Any who, are you putting cigars on top of the beads? I keep my beads separated completely from my cigars and I haven't had any problems.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
It's normal...kinda. The beads "breath" so tyo speak so when they are sucking up humidity they also pick up whatever is in the air. I've had mine turn amber before because of the cedar plus the oils from the cigars themselves.

Ain't no big deal....
-Rob

JDP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I got lazy once and was using just tap water and way too much of it and the beads eventually ended up with black spots all over them. I tried cleaning them but ended up just replacing them. It dosen't sound like you're abusing them so they're probably fine. A picture of them might help us tell you if it's mold or smomething else.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They were wicked wet.... but distilled water. I have to admit... I didnt clean out the tupper ware.

The are in one of those little jars that used to have that gel crap in them, and in a tupperdore. Ive got two pounds in the big humi that I keep in those mesh bags for pool vac's, those have been fine.

These jars must not have enough surface area for the amount of water im putting in there, especially in a tupperdore. Humidity just about never changes in that thing.

Last edited:

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I don't think that you're supposed to add water to them directly enough to cause them to be "wet", maybe just a light misting from a spray bottle.