What's new

Bolivar Cabinet Humidor

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with this humi?

It's time for me to start thinking long-term with my smokes. I've already managed to fill up my 150 ct and 80 ct. humi's. I wanted an end-table piece without getting into a bunch of money. I came across this cabinet humi for $388, and it comes with a free cigar oasis XL plus humidification system. Would this be a good start ?? I've searched around and this seems to be the best price out there.

Any other options come to mind?

Thanks in advance!

AJ

ps. If anyone is selling something like this, and can make a deal, please drop me a PM! :grin:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Blooz two answers both correct. Either a Vinotemp 28 or equivelant. Or a Coolidor. Both can be found on here with many threads.
Justiin

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Thanks for the info Justin. The only reason I hesitate to do something along those lines, is that this would be put in the bedroom, and also used as an end table of some sort. The wife ( see Compromise ) has asked that I try to find something that "looks like furniture"

I've already got a wine fridge in the kitchen:

I wonder if my cigars could co-exist with my wines. What modifications would I need to do? It's a dual zone, made to store 10 whites up top, and 18 reds in the bottom.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
If its going in the bedroom can it be put in the closet? Many guys store cooladors in their closets out of site. Also a 1lb bag of beads and 2 small battery fans is all you need. About 100 bucks and your rolling.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
My budy has one like that. It is not that big, I would not consider it a cabinet.

I would go with something else for that much. Check out the Montegue cabinet, you can get one on Cbid, for that. I have one and like it, its much bigger than that one.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
My budy has one like that. It is not that big, I would not consider it a cabinet.

I would go with something else for that much. Check out the Montegue cabinet, you can get one on Cbid, for that. I have one and like it, its much bigger than that one.
I agree. The picture is taken at a perspective angle and with no background comparison it makes it seem bigger than it really is. Just look at how much bigger it seems in the left image. The pull-out trays are like 8" x 12" - not very big and the dividers are useless unless it's stock full of Nubs. A real sham to call them cabinets IMO.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'm a tupperdor/coolerdor guy as well, works VERY well for me so far. Someday I want to get a cabinet humidor, but only from a furniture point of view. So when I finally get a nice home office set-up, I'll have Ron build me a cabinet to go in that room.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I agree. The picture is taken at a perspective angle and with no background comparison it makes it seem bigger than it really is. Just look at how much bigger it seems in the left image. The pull-out trays are like 8" x 12" - not very big and the dividers are useless unless it's stock full of Nubs. A real sham to call them cabinets IMO.
Ditto. For something that big, just one flat shelf in the middle would be much better/more efficient. The only purpose of this would be for displaying your collection in the office or what not--and if that's what you're going for, then it might be cool.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
356   0   0
I don't want to put it in the closet ( out of sigh, out of mind )

Can I use my existing wine fridge ?
sure! i have a wine cooler that holds my cigars just fine!! or, should i say, i have a cigar cooler that holds my wine just fine!! just make sure you have the proper humidifying device (i have the accumonitor!!)

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Thanks for the info Justin. The only reason I hesitate to do something along those lines, is that this would be put in the bedroom, and also used as an end table of some sort. The wife ( see Compromise ) has asked that I try to find something that "looks like furniture"

I've already got a wine fridge in the kitchen:

I wonder if my cigars could co-exist with my wines. What modifications would I need to do? It's a dual zone, made to store 10 whites up top, and 18 reds in the bottom.
Ah the compromise. Know it well. Lots of nice end table type humis. Check our sponsors