What's new

Boveda Humidipak Question

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
Just wondering how long a Boveda 65% humidifier pack would "lasts". Ive seen suggestions of "indefinitely" and "3-4 months" but these are quite conflicting. This question is due to some irregularities in my tupperdor. We are just coming into winter here down in Aust, and my small tupperdor's humidity levels are swaying about 3-5 % points. Do you think this is from the deterioration of the Boveda, or just the changes in temp?

p.s
the boveda pack has been in their for about 4-5 months.

Thanks alot,
LB

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I've read that with "normal" use about 6 months, but I know some people have used them longer. Guess it really comes down to how much they have to expel humidity and how much they're sucking up...

Dan

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
A guy I work with says he has a way to recharge them. I think he said he uses a damp cloth or something like that to put humidity back in them.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
in airtight containers like a cigar caddy, or humidor jar, I have some that are 2 years old and still like new.

recharging is easy. put them in an airtight container along with a sponge soaked with distilled water. just be sure the boveda does not get wet. takes a couple of months, but they will swell up and be like new.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the way they work is expelling water when the environment is too dry and soaking up water when the environment is too humid. If the seal on your humidor is air tight, and you aren't adding dry cigars, opening your humidor frequently, or causing the humidity to decline in some other way then they should last for quite some time. I have a very small humidipak, one that your B&M may add when you buy several cigars from them, in my travel humi that is nearly eight months old. I only open it when I need it, and when I do use it, my cigars are coming from my home humidor that is well hydrated. The travel humidor also seals very well(supposedly water tight). So it all comes down to how humid your cigars are when entering the humidor, and how airtight your humidor is.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for all the great info guys. I was using one in a humidor bag for overflow so that is probably why it didn't last long. Time for tupperware or coolidor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
recharging is easy. put them in an airtight container along with a sponge soaked with distilled water. just be sure the boveda does not get wet. takes a couple of months, but they will swell up and be like new.

Yep. I have a few humidipaks that I've been recharging this way for about 5 years now.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
If I rememeber correctly, jolietilfire (Justin) actually posted a way to rejuvenate them so you can continue to use them over and over again!

I usually find that they last at least 6 months before they get hard.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I have some that are close to a year old now... I have a dozen with 2 pounds of beads in my humidor... don't open it too often.