What's new

Boveda Packs and Heartfelt Beads

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey guys,

I have a question curiosity here. I have both boveda packs (69rh) and heartfelt beads (65rh) does the difference in the 2 really make a difference or is that fine. I am just curious. I had the wife pick up the bovedaheartfelt packs for me as she was near a B&M that sold them.

Cheers,
JM

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Im not the expert here.. so someone might have a different opinion.. but I dont think its going to impact you that much..

Ive got KL in my wineador.. and several 65% bovedas...

but I also throw the little 72% and 75% humidipacks that normally come from internet orders in my wineador when I get them.. and Ive got a 70% boveda in there right now as well that I ended up with after a box pass..

Before I had the wineador.. I did the same thing with my desktops and tupperadors...

my RH tends to stay at 65% (the KL and the 65 bovedas win the RH battle).. and the higher RH humidipacks just end up drying out a little faster than they normally would (moisture gets absorbed by the 65's I think)... when they get dry.. I just put them in the glass jar that I have set up for rehydration.. and after a week or two when theyre nice and full... I throw them back in the wineador..

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I use 65 heartfelts in my humidors but this time of year here in New England I always throw a 69 bribed a or two in each, much easier to maintain

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I don't think you should have a problem this time of year. They are both going to be humidifying. In the summer around your area, you might want to take those 69% bovedas out just due to the fact that they are getting closer to being over-humidified. Those heartfelt beads should carry you nicely once May/June rolls around.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have multiple (65,69,72) packs in my humi an mine sits constantly around 66-68. Could be the humidity around here but you shouldn't see too much fluctuation with multiple humidity %'s.