What's new

bovedas and tuppadore

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When using bovedas in a small humidor it says to use 1 pack for the humidor and 1 pack for the cigars. In a small tupperdore, will 1 boveda be enough for 20-30 cigars? Or do I still need to use 2?
Also I bought a cheap container, suppose to have a tight seal but I put some water in it and turned it over and some started leaking out. Does it need to be completely airtight?

Thanks for any help

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
You can never use too many bovedas, the more you use, the more stable rh will remain. If a lot of water is leaking I'd worry but if its just a few drops you're fine. If you're using two bovedas in that small space, no need to worry.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
404   0   0
I have a tupperdor that holds about 20 sticks that I use for a travel humidor.

One 65% Boveda keeps it at about 69 - 70%. It is pretty airtight though. It's one of the snaplock style ones.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bovedas are fine but depending on how many cigars you want to put in there I'd use a digital hygro. I have a 25 count tupperador that I use with one water pillow and it keeps my sticks just fine for short term storage...like a week or 2 vacation. I use rubbermaid products so I don't have any leaks at all.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I'd worry if any water is leaking out at all. Water vapor is obviously much smaller than liquid water, so if liquid is getting out, humidity is going to rush out like crazy.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
If you're leaking water I'd question how good the seal is. Might be okay, might leak too much humidity. Hard to say for sure. Tupperware isn't expensive and if it were me, I'd just get another one. Make sure it has a good seal. As for the Bovedas, I subscribe to the "a few extra than what's recommended is a good idea" club.

Dan

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Yeah if your leaking water you may want to switch to a container with a better seal. One will be fine but two is always better will come down to how often you open the container and what the ambient RH is. If it's only for 2-3 days one should be fine.