What's new

box storage and wax paper?

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
so, i CANNOT be the only one on this forum wanting to hold on to some tatuaje items for a longer term.. can i?

seriously, take any of pete's cabinets. slide top, unfinished wood, all easy, right? then wax paper wrapped around the bundle. he's using some kind of plastic burlap on the la casitas even. does this affect the longer term storage at all.

oh, coolerdor, fans, standard set up until i can afford something furniture quality, just need clarification on the sub-box bundle wrap.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I have some Havana VI Angeles from 06 and they're great. The paper has turned rather yellow but it has done the job.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Had some jibaro's and a black bundle that both were not opened till just a couple months ago. The jibaros in wax paper aged perfectly. The blacks in the plastic style wrap seemed a little less powerful than those that i had out in open. May have just been me...but that was my .02.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
thanks, and would love to hear any more experiences!

have to be honest, they are mostly opened partially, as I hate to not try just one off the top o)

also, in theme, any MUST do's or do not's in box aging?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
also, in theme, any MUST do's or do not's in box aging?
I think consistent temperatures and humidity are key here. There's a tons of threads on what people think are appropriate RH & temps for long term aging, but I would just stick within the widely accepted limits of temps and humidity.

Regards,
Randy

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Aging (Long term 5 years plus) and fresh air (aka circulation) are contradicting. Long term aging requirs less handling and even keeping cabinets sealed until being opened. I have smoked noellas and especials with 4-5 years of age before the boxes were constantly being subjected to constant handling. Absolutely sublime..... Right now I'm sitting on boxes of early 09 Noellas and Cazzies (foil wrapped) that wont be opened for another 3 years or so.
My 2 cents.
Jfire