What's new

Box Storage

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
Does anyone know if laying boxes on the side (vertical) for long term storage will effect the quailty of the cigar?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I can't imagine it would, a circle is a circle no mater whaich side you lay it one. And a square (box press) is still a square if you lay it on it's side. I say do what fits.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I don't see how it would. May'be someone with more knowledge in this area will chime in.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
No, it won't cause any problems. Most cigars are round, so they would still be on their side. And if you store them on end, it isn't a problem either.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Well... I think that reason would say, tis best to rotate the boxes once in a while, so the pressure is evened out over time.

If a cigar, even round sits one way for a very long time, with other cigars pressing on it, there will be a subtle difference in one half of the cigar on top and bottom, as the bottom alwasy takes the extra weight of itself.

Of course the weight here is so minimal that it doesn't matter one way or another. Unless you have a box with a few hundred cigars maybe in one small tower with little distribution of weight.

So as said above, tetris is the name of the game, and you won't live long enough for rotating to matter all that much, but eventually youll need a bigger humi and move things around anyway.