What's new

Broken Beads?

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Not cracked,although some of them are.

Here's my issue. I keep my RH beads in a tube from wrapped in pantyhose (so the bead dust doesn't fall out everywhere) and it looked like some of them were starting to get brown. In the process of transferring the beads to a bowl, I dropped them all on the carpet. Great :\ I pick most of them up and put them in a bowl.

I'm a paranoid kinda guy, so I though the brown mighta been mold or something, so I tried to "clean" the beads by soaking them in distilled water, and letting them air out. This also helps with the dog hair and carpet remnants now in with the beads. Hopefully to repeat the process once or twice more until no more brown / sticky beads.

After reading an FAQ here somewhere, it was my understanding that this was normal...something about the beads absorbing oils from the cigars. But I digress.

The issue I'm having is the beads appear to have stopped releasing the water (humidity). I have them in a bowl, out in the open for days now. I've even put them outside in the cold. Theres no way any of them should have any moisture left, yet they still do.

Any ideas? Attached is a crappy pic. I'd really hate to have to replace these so soon.

Attachments

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i think that putting them in the oven at about 150 degrees should dry them out. will take a few hours
i have beads that are brown in color, and it hasnt effected performance.

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
sorry, should have updated this. I've baked them on very low. also, tried the gf's hair dryer on them. i left them outside to see if that would do it, but it doesn't seem like these are letting go of their stored water.

I'm out of ideas. Just seems weird to me. maybe they got clogged or something? I have no clue.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
baking them in the oven for 5 hours should do the trick. if not, contact the vendor that you bought them from