What's new

Build a humidor from a large cigar cabinet..

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have an old CFCF Opus 22 cabinet box. Its the one that comes with all the coffins of the yummy Aged Opus. Do you think that I could make this box into a humidor? I don't know if the lid seals well enough or if the box is even made with spanish Cedar. Couldn't you basically make almost any wooden box into a humidor if you can make the lid seal, and line it with spanish cedar? Could you use wood glue on the back of the cedar stips to glue them into the box, or would it pose smell problems. Seems like as long as the glue was dry before cigars got int o the picture then it shouldn't be a problem. Has anyone done this before?

~~fred

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Yes.. anything that seals has potential to be used as a humidor.. just make sure the materials wont impart smell, impurities, etc.. and you should be ok..

My cabinet started life off as an 8 rifle gun cabinet.. Its now an 800 capacity cigar humidor cabinet :)

Be careful about what you use to seal it up.. but there are plenty of decent options out there.. odorless caulks and glues, etc..