What's new

Building a humidor opinions helpful !!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

So that's my horrible sketch. I have it all planned in my head. Using maple hardwood for the frame. Spanish cedar lining sc for drawers and shelves. I was thinking of using mahogany veneer on the outside and mahogany for the face of the drawers door and top piece.
I'm thinking putting the Avalon setup in there haven't decided which model because of size of my humidor. I will use two fans to circulate air. Plus a digital hydrometer.
Any information will help. This is my first build ran out of room.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I started earlier this year on one; basically, a large box. My budget crapped out within a week. My suggestion is to use as much 3/4 or 1/2 inch plywood as possible for cost, and to seal the inside of your box with an odorless seal before you line with SC. That, and do a spreadsheet to figure out your cost beforehand; it could be cheaper/much less headache to order what you want, custom made.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
If you search different forums you can find a near odorless sealer. Aquarium sealant on the corners and joints inside to maintain the airtight fit. On interior wood faces, you can use a membrane, or an odorless wood sealant. Check the humi build thread done a few months ago by one of the brothers (his name escapes me at the moment), he could probably point you in the right direction with all of this stuff!