What's new

Built in cabinet humidification help

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Hey Guys,

Looking for some help here. I'm in the process of doing some house renovations and one of the main projects is a bar downstairs. Below is a picture of the bar (sorry, its a screen shot). On the far right side is where the built in cabinet humidor will be. The dimensions are approx 62" tall by 20" wide.

barforum.jpg

This is what the cabinet maker and I decided on as far as the interior. The whole interior is spanish cedar with Alder fronts to match the exterior wood. The cabinet maker assured me that the seal would be air tight.
humidorplans.jpg

In my winador and desktop humidor I have only ever used beads and bovedas. As a "present" the cabinet maker bought me a humi-care xg1000. My questions are:

Should I consider using the humi-care? If so, I have to get rid of the green foam (aka. mold sponge). Do you replace that with beads? Seems a little weird to have beads in the reservoir. It just seems like they would dry out super quick and not hold the moisture needed when the unit needed was trying to bring the RH back up. Am I wrong here?

I like the overall idea of the humi-care because it has the external fan outlets which would greatly help circulate the moisture with the design that we chose.

What would you personally do if this was yours? Bead locations and amount etc.? Just trying to get some ideas as to what other have/would do and go from there.

Thanks for the helping advance!

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Don't know about the humi-care but I know people love the ones that come with the Avallo humidors and I think they sell them separately.

If you're going to all that trouble and expense, you might want to consider a bigger humidor.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Don't know about the humi-care but I know people love the ones that come with the Avallo humidors and I think they sell them separately.

If you're going to all that trouble and expense, you might want to consider a bigger humidor.
I had enough trouble convincing the wife to let me do one cabinet hahah
In my eyes, my collection is way more than I anticipated ever having and it still all fits in there. I did a dry run yesterday to make sure.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I replaced the foam in my smaller Humicare with gel. Figured it was the best choice but I just did the mod so I can't speak of how well it works in the long run. It was really easy to pop the top off the reservoir and get the foam out though.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I have the humicare in my tower of power humidor right now. I have not replaced the foam yet trying to figure out the best replacement myself. It keeps the humidity stable in there. I did put some xikar bead humidity control closer to the top to keep it regulated at the top. I do have to fans plugged into the humicare with the fans on the top. It holds humidity at 65 and I am happy with it. I would like some pointers on what to replace the foam with also. So some pointers on that would be great.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Really thought there would be a lot more opinions hahah

Everyone must use there "work" computers to be on here!!

Accumonitor looks like a nice set up. Only thing is that the "water canisters" might be too tall for the lower space where I will be putting the humidifier.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
http://www.avallohumidors.com/Accumonitor.html

The water canister is a bit tall, but if you can find room for it the system is flawless. The other nice thing w/ it is it will also control additional fans for circulation. My Avallo has 4 fans mounted to the back wall and turn on when the humidity needs increased but also for circulation every hour. The fans on top of the water canisters only turn on when humidity is needed. You could always shorten your bottom drawer to make room for the canister.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
http://www.avallohumidors.com/Accumonitor.html

The water canister is a bit tall, but if you can find room for it the system is flawless. The other nice thing w/ it is it will also control additional fans for circulation. My Avallo has 4 fans mounted to the back wall and turn on when the humidity needs increased but also for circulation every hour. The fans on top of the water canisters only turn on when humidity is needed. You could always shorten your bottom drawer to make room for the canister.
NC,

Would you be able to tell me the height of the canisters? I don't want to make adjustments and then have them still not fit. Nor do I want to waist too much space. I looked all over their website and either I am blind, or they don't list how tall they are.

Thanks a ton

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Mine measure roughly 3 5/8" diameter by 7" tall.

I'd give them a call to make sure they're still the same though.

Toll Free 1 800 840 5324
questions(at)avallohumidors[dot]com
or matthew(at)avallohumidors[dot]com