What's new

Cabinet help

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Well we just purchased a new house, will be moving by April. Im planning on making the back garage a smoking lounge(finally!!). I have a decent collection of smokes, I have 4 humi filled with singles and a 120qt cooly filled with boxes. What are my options for storage of all smokes together? Outside of building a humidity controlled enviroment with some cedar shelving(maybe, dont have many resources/tools to build this or a walk-in) whatcabinet/storage should I be looking into?

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Guess it would all depend on budget...

Avello or Aristocrat for high end furniture / showcase pieces.

Vinotemp or other various wine coolers for cost effective solution.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
keep in mind. the temp. will need to be regulated.
yeah your right, again!!

how/what regulates a cabinet? of that size that holds that many cigars? If I was to build say a closet with shelving, what the hell do i need to get to regulate the humi/temp?

Im thinking my best bet is a cabinet, are the aristocrats the way to go? Theyre damn expensive right?

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I keep my cabinet in the basement. In Michigan, the winters cause me no concern. The summers, the air is on and I max out at 70 degree's or I get nervous.

As for humidification, there are many out there. All depends on how bug you go. My system holds 5 gallons of water and keeps my rh at 65% (+ 1%/-0).

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I keep my cabinet in the basement. In Michigan, the winters cause me no concern. The summers, the air is on and I max out at 70 degree's or I get nervous. My system holds 5 gallons of water and keeps my rh at 65% (+ 1%/-0).

Im in jersey where the winter does not worry me as well, summer is a different story. Man, 5 gallons? How big is your cabinet?
Whats cost effective for 50+ boxes?

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Ok I had a regular digital room sized humidifier in my humidor that held 3 gallons with a digital humidistat before getting the accumonitor in the bomb from you guys. If you go with a closet and insulate it well you may not have any issues.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Ok I had a regular digital room sized humidifier in my humidor that held 3 gallons with a digital humidistat before getting the accumonitor in the bomb from you guys. If you go with a closet and insulate it well you may not have any issues.
Really? Like the regular humidifiers in say, my baby's room??

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Go with Avallo...You will not be disappointed in the quality, reliability, and the craftsmanship.

Ron C is a member here, and will gladly answer your questions. He is a no-pressure guy, who will always give you the best advice, whether you buy an Avallo or not.

I have had mine for 7 years now, and it hums along without any issues...Fantastic humidior.

Hope this helps!