What's new

Cabinet Humidor - More Questions

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So I finished cleaning up the humidor I bought off of craigslist and brought it up to the living room. I stopped by IKEA and picked up some of their cheap LED lighting to pimp it out a bit as I had seen some other BOTLer's do. My wife also hooked me up with the decal. One of the items that came with it is a Moist-N-Aire Electronic Humidifier. It was kind of nasty so i spent some time scrubbing it with a toothbrush and it came out looking like new. Problem is that it makes a good bit of noise and I'm not convinced that it does a good jb of circulating the air (just a guess looking at it). So my first question is does anyone have experience with one of these humidifiers and how dependable are they? My other question is would the beads be a good alternative. I dont think this cabinet seals particularly well but i am in the process of trying to season the unit so I'll know better in a few days I imagine.

Cabinet Humidor.jpg

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
First, that cabinet looks amazing bro. Second, I would think beads would help a lot with stabilizing it in there, bit I feel you would need a ton I them. Only my opinion, as u have no experience in a unit that size. Maybe get ahold of Ron from cigar solutions and see what he would recommend. Keep us posted brother.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Looks great Rich! I can't wait to see it full after its seasoned. Sorry I can't help with the humidification question.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
What type of seal is around the door? Some simple weather stripping will help you out there if there are gaps.

I'd prefer an active humidification for something that size. With an accumonitor I'd want the 20-40 model as it comes with 4 water canisters and 4 circulating fans. I'd get 2 extra for a total of 6 and splice them in. Airflow will be your friend in that monster. :devil: