What's new

Calibrated?

JFiz

What the shit man
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well they've been in the freezer bag 12 hrs. Maybe not 100% accurate but consistency is the key I guess. One was added reading 84% (from seasoning a new setup) and the other was was reading 64% (from a humidor). I had to add 3% to one of the hygrometers to make it read 69%. I'll check again in the morning. Anyone see any faults with this?
WesternIV.jpg

John

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the salt test. And usually there +/- 2% in these digital hygrometers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just make sure the vents are available to the air in the bag, looks like the bag is pretty tight on the hygrometers.
I've never had any luck doing the salt test, much prefer the Boveda's Also I find if the hygrometer comes from a very high humidity it takes quite a bit longer to get them to start reading the lower humidity accurately 24 hrs should be plenty of time

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think with a bit of space, you will be good to go. I calibrated mine with Boveda packs in a Tupperware (used for tupperdor). I put 4 x 72% packs in mine and then waited for them to level out. I can adjust the settings from my phone, as I use the Boveda, but the process is the same. I find the tupperdor, being hard plastic, doesn't cut off flow to the sensors.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to set the hygrometer and my SensorPush in their sides. With the hygrometers laying flat, the air doesn’t seem to be able to circulate enough. Try to lay on the side, get a bigger bag or get a Tupperware. For some reason Boveda sends a small zip bag in their calibration kits.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You're fine with that set up....most will overthink the process and call experts to see if it should tilt at 35 degrees and then do incantations.....Bovedas inside the ziploc are good and you will get the true RH reading.

JFiz

What the shit man
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I stood them up before I went to bed. They were reading the same in the morning.
I put them back in service.
Thanks for the replys
John

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When I open the door to my winador the hygrometers react almost instantly. The air in my house during the winter is around 30% RH so the readings drop quickly. BUT, when I calibrate them in a bag with a Boveda it takes about 12 hours before they stabilize. They respond quickly but it takes a long time for an accurate reading. It's all about patience.