What's new

Can a cigar cooler warm?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I purchased the NewAir cc-100 250ct cigar cooler. The temperature inside my den where the cigar cooler is located is 65 degrees but I'd like the cooler to be at 70 degrees. I put the cigar cooler temperature at 70 degrees but the cooler doesn't warm up. I called up Air-n-Water (the website I purchased it from) and they sent me another one and this one has the same issue.

I contacted the manufacturer via phone and email and received two different answers.

Long story short, can a cigar cooler produce heat to increase the internal temperature to 70 degrees or does it only have a cooling element?

Thanks in advance :D
thrill5one6

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the responses. My understanding was if you set the temperature on the cooler to 70 it would increase or decrease the temperature inside to 70.

The rep on the phone told me yes but their customer service email response told me no so I was clueless :angelic:

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I apologize for my shitty response. Welcome to the forum. All questions deserve to be answered respectfully.

To my knowledge they only cool. Mine are set at 65 (In my opinion, a better option than 70 to help decrease the chance of a beetle infestation.), and in the winter with the house cooler they will frequently be at 62.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for my shitty response. Welcome to the forum. All questions deserve to be answered respectfully.

To my knowledge they only cool. Mine are set at 65 (In my opinion, a better option than 70 to help decrease the chance of a beetle infestation.), and in the winter with the house cooler they will frequently be at 62.
very helpful, thank you.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Temperature controllers can't get coolers hotter than the room temperature, only cooler than room temps.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
@thrill5one6
it doesnt have a "heating" element. so how it works is...
whatever temp you set it at... once the temp gets warmer than what is set, the cooling kicks in. so, if you set it at 70, once it gets to 72, it will start to cool until the temperature inside is 70 (or 69), at which point it will turn off.
if you set it to 70, but the ambient temperature in the room is 65, nothing happens. it waits until it goes above the temp you set before the cooling kicks in.
so think of it as a "maximum temperature limit" of sorts.

also, i agree with others... 65 degrees, 65 Rh.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
you could always modify it with a heat source and a new control center. A reptile aquarium heater and a piece of glass work well. the setup would be something like this

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had these same questions before buying my wino--I just went with it and I think I have a better smoking experience at 65/65 (rh and temp). Be sure to monitor, though--I recently had to turn the power off and when I turned it back on the temp cratered to 55(!) and the RH along with it. It wasn't for very long, and I don't think I've suffered any damage but still--if you're going to accumulate sticks, be vigilant and check every few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk