What's new

cannot get right numbers on my Hydro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there this is my first post i am new to cigars and have just purchased my new humidor from the states. I am in London i did my best to season my new humidor i first did the salt test and got my Hydro (which is analouge) to 70 i then gently wiped the inside with distilled water for about 3 days and i saw my H reach 68-70 and this stayed. I now have placed my cigars in and they have dropped to about 62 i charged up the Hum with distilled water and still no change. before my cigars were just in a locked bag. do i need to do the glycol treatment, if so how would i do this as i have charged the humid with just distilled water. Also do you know where i can buy cigars online, say from the states because cigars here are so EXPENSIVE.

Thank alot

Nige :thumbsup:

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
keep in mind that the salt test produces a 75.5% humidity level. so if your hygro is reading 62%, according to your salt test results, it is actually 67%. If you keep your cigars between 60%-70%, your cigars will be ok.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
if the humidifier is the green florist foam type, then use the 90/10 distilled water/glycol solution