What's new

Can't beat a bargain find!

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
So a few weeks ago I get a text from my mom saying that she's out at a garage/yard sale and that there's a mini fridge there in the "Free" section. Apparently the owners were going to throw it away since it no longer worked.

Anyways, mom asks if I want that for anything cigar related, knowing I have the Vino down in the basement. I say, "It's free, so, why the hell not bring it home?" I get home to check this thing out and I definitely can see this things potential. Has some nice room and I can visualize how the boxes/sticks will fit in there. Only real question after that was how well will it hold humidity? Well, figured I'd throw in the beads and see how well the humidity held before I took the effort of cleaning it out and what not (why waste effort before hand if I might not use it lol). Well, much to my pleasure it was holding humidity perfectly and now I cant wait to fill this thing up.

Probably will be my CC fridge once I slide down that slippery slope lol. Just thought I'd share my excitement with you bros and remind you, ya just cant beat those bargain finds! :)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Awesome find UIS!

Free is always my favorite price...

Looks like its pretty clean and still in decent shape too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had this very idea recently. I have a wineador, but I don't like the way that stacked boxes look through the glass door. It just looks sloppy. So, I figured I could get a cheap mini fridge at a flea market or CL and use that for box storage. Then buy more trays to make my wineador look neat and tidy.

Are you going to remove the top freezer section to free up more space?

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Nice find. That's what I'm using right now and it hold rh perfectly. Just wish I had a way to keep it cooler but you probably won't have that issue in NY

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Luckily theres a spot in the basement that stays 65 degrees all year. You'd be surprised how hot it can get in Upstate NY in the summer. I mean, its nowhere near how hot it is in AZ for you lol. Cant imagine

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I agree with ATL and Agent I have an old 50's style roughly 5' all rounded edges seals great with the latch style handle that has stopped working and thought it would be badass after a sweet paint job and gutted then lined with cedar. But its a future project indeed that should hold tonnage! Great find brother "free" is great at times!!