What's new

Cello question

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I was wondering: I've got a few cigars that I'm planning on storing for quite a while––some Padrón series maduros––whose original cellos I threw out about two months ago when I purchased them. I'm having second thoughts about keeping them in my humidor without their cellos now (not wanting to damage the wrapper . . . just being cautious), so I'm thinking of taking off the cellos from some other sticks I've got of the same size but am planning on smoking within the next two weeks or so and using those for the Padróns. Those other sticks have been in their cellos for at least two weeks, and the cellos have a bit of a smell to them already. If I use them for the Padróns, will this smell from the other sticks affect, in the long or short run, the way the Padróns taste? What if I give the cellos a good rinsing before placing the Padróns inside (letting the cello dry out first, of course)? Thanks in advance for your help fellas. . . .

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Dude, you're over thinking and over worrying, if you want to place them in other cellos, no worries, no smell or taste will transfer.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
You should be fine to "recycle" your cellos. No need to rinse them out necessarily.

Or, just to be on the safe side, send me all the ones you're worried about and I'll make the problem disappear. :)

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
LOL! You should do a science project... Store one in a cedar box, one in cello and one just sitting amongst other cigars.
Ya know what? That might be a good idea. Being pretty new to cigars, I have been wondering how storage (not counting RH and temp) affects the aging of a cigar, if at all. Cello, no cello, with other cigars of a different kind with cello and without, etc.... I've got enough of those Padróns, and they're budget-friendly enough. Or maybe I'm just over-thinking things again. :stretchgr