What's new

Cigar Caddy Warranty/Replcement ?

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Well after 5 years I broke my 5ct Cigar Caddy. It was cold about 0* with wind chills to 20 below and I left my Cigar Caddy in my truck over night. I got it out the next morning and dropped it breaking one latch and the loop holding the strap. This one has been run over by a golf cart, thrown by my children and taken on 100's golf and float trips so I'm surprised it lasted this long.

I was wondering do I contact Otter or a dealer for a replacement?

TIA
Rob

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Policies

1. Unconditional Life-Time Guarantee:
Here at Otter Products, LLC we have an unconditional lifetime guarantee. If at any time your protective OtterBox becomes faulty, we will replace it for you. We guarantee it for life! No questions. No hassles. It’s easy to stand behind our products with a lifetime warranty because we are confident that they will last a lifetime! Please see Otter Products, LLC Lifetime warranty for more details.

2. Returning Products:
Otter Products, LLC Return Policy*

If you’re inquiring about an exchange, please note that we do not accept exchanges on any of our products. You can return products to receive a refund, and then place a separate order either on our website or by calling us direct. Please see below for further information.

* We will accept returns only if the product was purchased directly from Otter Products. Waterproof headphones MUST be returned in original packaging and in resalable condition in order to receive credit.

* Credits will be issued in the form of a refund to the Credit Card used for the original purchase. Refunds are for product only, as shipping charges are non-refundable.

* Please contact Customer Service toll free at: 888-695-8820 or via e-mail at: customer.service@otterbox.com to obtain a Return Authorization number.

* You will be asked to provide your original order number, so please have this information readily available. You will also be asked the reason for your return (this information will be used for our records).

* You will receive your Return Authorization via e-mail which will include your RA# as well as instructions for the return. Otter Products is not responsible for return shipping charges.

* Please allow 3-4 business days after receipt of your return for your credit to be issued. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of the credit once it has been issued.

*Otter Products, LLC return policy as stated above is not applicable to any Partners of Otter Products, LLC (i.e. Resellers, Distributors, VARS, etc.). To obtain more information about our Partners return policy, please contact your Account Executive for more details.

3. Warranty:
We guarantee it for life! No questions. No hassles. It’s easy to stand behind our products with a lifetime warranty because we are confident that they will last a lifetime! Warranty includes replacement of the case only. In the event that a warranty issue arises, please contact Otter Products, LLC, at (888) 695-8820 or email us at customer.service@otterbox.com for return instructions.

This warranty does not apply to any products which have been neglected, altered, abused, used for a purpose other than the one for which they were manufactured, repaired by customer or any party without Otter Products, LLC written authorization, or used in any manner inconsistent with Otter Products, LLC instructions. Please refer to the care and maintenance instructions for more details. Parts that are damaged or worn due to normal wear (foam, replaceable screens, hand straps, neck straps, lanyards, and sewn goods) are not covered under the warranty. Otter Products, LLC warranty is void if any modifications are made to the product or if the product is misused. Warranty is void if contents of the product force the seal to have poor engagement and cause the seal to be compromised. Do NOT over pack your case because this will compromise the seal of the case. If at any time, the product that is covered under warranty is obsolete, Otter Products, LLC will provide the customer with a comparable product or product(s) of equal value.

Warranty claims involving personal property damage will be put through a series of tests to determine if the case has been misused or improperly cared for or if the case has manufacturing defects. Should a case be determined to have manufacturing or material defects which resulted in damage to personal property, Otter Products, LLC, at its’ discretion, will either make reparation to the customer in the form of a repair or replacement of equal value.

The maximum extent permitted by law, this warranty and the remedies set forth above are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, remedies and conditions, whether oral or written, express or implied. Otter Products, LLC, specifically disclaims any and all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. If Otter Products, LLC, cannot lawfully disclaim or exclude implied warranties under applicable law, then to the extent possible any claims under such implied warranties shall expire on expiration of the warranty period. No Otter Products, LLC, reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this warranty.

To the maximum extent permitted by law, Otter Products, LLC, is not responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory, including any costs of recovering or reproducing any program or data stored in or used with the OtterBox product. Otter Products, LLC, specifically does not represent that it will be able to repair or replace any product under this warranty or make a product exchange.

For consumers who have the benefit of consumer protection laws or regulations in their country of purchase or, if different, their country of residence, the benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to all rights and remedies conveyed by such consumer protection laws and regulations. To the extent that liability under such consumer protection laws and regulations may be limited, Otter Products, LLC, liability is limited, at its sole option to replacement or repair of the product or supply of the repair service again.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Well after 5 years I broke my 5ct Cigar Caddy. It was cold about 0* with wind chills to 20 below and I left my Cigar Caddy in my truck over night. I got it out the next morning and dropped it breaking one latch and the loop holding the strap. This one has been run over by a golf cart, thrown by my children and taken on 100's golf and float trips so I'm surprised it lasted this long.

I was wondering do I contact Otter or a dealer for a replacement?

TIA
Rob
just send me your address, i will mail a new one.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Awesome Ron!! Can't get better service than that. Contacting Otter directly will also work in the future as they have excellent customer service.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Awesome response from BOTL sponsers, in less than 30 minutes both Ron-Cigar Solutions & Mark-Cigarmony offered replacements:youarethe :youarethe

May be I could send them each 1/2 and get 2:bouncetau :stickbeat

Thank You both:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just one of many reasons BOTL is:1st:

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Otterbox will always replace a broken Cigar Caddy. Like other reputable companies, they want to make replacement easy for a customer. So you can call them, or call the dealer that you purchased it from. if the dealer wont volunteer to replace it, find a new dealer, not a new travel humidor.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have always wondered if you could kill one of these. Awesome Ron.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
the latches seem to be what occasionally breaks. New cigar caddies have replacable latches. also, an occasional ATV rollover will do some damage

thecatmac

IS IN THE HOUSE!
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Awesome response from BOTL sponsers, in less than 30 minutes both Ron-Cigar Solutions & Mark-Cigarmony offered replacements:youarethe :youarethe

May be I could send them each 1/2 and get 2:bouncetau :stickbeat

Thank You both:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just one of many reasons BOTL is:1st:
Kudo's to both of you! I WILL REMEMBER when its time to order new stuff!