What's new

Cigar gift box

Liteumup

CRA Member #202832
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
My collection of cigars is becoming sizeable and Im about to break down and buy a large humi but I just came accross a question that has stumped me.

I ordered a nice " My Fathers" sampler (for the upcoming birth of my first child three months from now) and it came in a very nice box. The box is shrink wrapped so what is the best way to make sure these beauties stay fresh? Will they stay fresh if they are sealed? Do I unwrap the box and place the box in a larger (tuperware) with beads? or do I remove the cigars from the box and place them in the humi?

If this is obvious........sorry brothers, I didnt want to screw this up. At least im posting in the right spot:help:

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Shrink Wrap is different than a vacuum seal, I believe. I'd put them into your tupperware with beads and humidification if at all possible. 3 months is a long time to wait. You can put the whole shebang in there if you like, or you can remove the sticks and put them into your Humi. Either way works well.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Shrink Wrap is different than a vacuum seal, I believe. I'd put them into your tupperware with beads and humidification if at all possible. 3 months is a long time to wait. You can put the whole shebang in there if you like, or you can remove the sticks and put them into your Humi. Either way works well.
x2

Keep them sealed and throw them in a humi, remove the shrink wrap and throw them in one or just trow the cigars in w/o the box... Doesn't matter how you do it as long as they make it into some sort of humidor one way or the other.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Depends-
Shrink wrapped by the manufacturer..lite cello like, clear...leave em alone and store.

Shrink wrapped by shipper..heavy plastic like a seal a meal...looks more like zip lock material..this is an air tight seal. Remove and store the box.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My collection of cigars is becoming sizeable and Im about to break down and buy a large humi but I just came accross a question that has stumped me.

I ordered a nice " My Fathers" sampler (for the upcoming birth of my first child three months from now) and it came in a very nice box. The box is shrink wrapped so what is the best way to make sure these beauties stay fresh? Will they stay fresh if they are sealed? Do I unwrap the box and place the box in a larger (tuperware) with beads? or do I remove the cigars from the box and place them in the humi?

If this is obvious........sorry brothers, I didnt want to screw this up. At least im posting in the right spot:help:
Funny ... I had this exact same problem about an hour ago. I got a sampler of the My Fathers to give to my father for Christmas. I took off the shrink wrap thinking I'd pop the cigars out, toss them in the humi, and put them back in that beautiful box before I give them to him. Then I realized that the box is sealed and I would have to rip that nice label to get the cigars out. Needless to say the whole box went into the humi and will stay there until Christmas.