What's new

Cigar Oasis.... not happy.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
So... I get home from work right now (2 mins ago) (worked from 3pm today)
Walk in to my room and hear the cigar oasis working... lift the lid to my humi, and the 2 hygros say 82% and 80%.... I guess this thing took a dump today, and decided to try and kill my sticks... WTF???
I guess I gotta buy something new for humidification.... especially since I'm picking up a wine cooler soon.
Not very happy right now.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Dang that sucks. Anyway to change the settings on it before it kills your sticks? If not get some beads. I love them.
It's set to keep my humidor at 63%... and it did that fine for the last couple months... but tonight it tried to kill my sticks. Not sure what kind of evil Christmas it had in mind.
I took it out and put 3 boveda 65's that I had. I will have to add 2-3 more Bovedas to it monday when the only place that sells them is open.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Geez, we should trade. Mine keeps trying to dry mine out. I think I need a new cartridge.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I use bead in the wine fridge and am perfectly happy with em. I think the active stuff is going by the way side.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an Oasis and have been using it in a larger desktop humidor (200 sticks) for over a year now and love it. Just recently I had a problem with it not getting up to the humidity I wanted. I did some research and found the problem and it was an easy fix so you might have the same problem with an easy fix. Here is what I found out. Seperate the top and bottom pieces and look on the underside of your top part. There should be two holes there that have a very lightweight piece of plastic over them that when blown on will open up and close back up when you stop blowing. My problem was that one of the little clear pieces of plasit was sticking and so the fan wouldn't pull it open when it was running so it couldn't pull the humidity that it was suppose to be pulling. I cleaned it with some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip so it would not stick anymore and it has been running perfect again ever since. If yours is stuck open it will let to much humidity out and so you might need to check and see if that has happened to you. I hope this helps. Good luck.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Good call! I can verify this...I refilled my CO and put a bit too much in...if those little pieces of plastic get saturated that will stick...just dry them out!

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I've had a couple and never had problems with any of mine. Sorry to hear your problem. What did the Oasis read while the thing was still going?

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I've got an Oasis and have been using it in a larger desktop humidor (200 sticks) for over a year now and love it. Just recently I had a problem with it not getting up to the humidity I wanted. I did some research and found the problem and it was an easy fix so you might have the same problem with an easy fix. Here is what I found out. Seperate the top and bottom pieces and look on the underside of your top part. There should be two holes there that have a very lightweight piece of plastic over them that when blown on will open up and close back up when you stop blowing. My problem was that one of the little clear pieces of plasit was sticking and so the fan wouldn't pull it open when it was running so it couldn't pull the humidity that it was suppose to be pulling. I cleaned it with some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip so it would not stick anymore and it has been running perfect again ever since. If yours is stuck open it will let to much humidity out and so you might need to check and see if that has happened to you. I hope this helps. Good luck.
Thanks, I'll check that. I'll still be getting a new cartridge though to be safe. Much appreciated.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I've had a couple and never had problems with any of mine. Sorry to hear your problem. What did the Oasis read while the thing was still going?
when I opened the humidor it read 66.7%, which is what a bit under what I have it set at... at 67.5 it keep my humi at 63%..... so it was trying to gain .8% humidity over the entire day I guess.

I bought this thing because someone here sent me a malfunctioning one, and after I played around with it I liked the system, and bought a new one.... well, the new one is now dead.... Waiting for the company to answer my e-mail... maybe I'll buy a Hydra next. :frown:

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I use a CO & have no problems at all. I however do think that I'll be switching to beads this month.