What's new

Cigar Oasis Placement

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just a quick question for those that use a CigarOasis in their Wineadors:

Do you have it placed on the bottom of your wineador or do you have it placed somewhere else? I have been experimenting with my placement and would like to know where people have been finding it the most effective.

DJ

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I would highly reccomend having a couple good quality hygromteres in the mix, as I remember having issues with calibrating the CO units. I'd put one hygro on the top shelf, and one at the bottom. If the bottom starts reading much lower RH consistently, you may want to add a fan (someone help me with the name of thos fans you can buy on eBay!!) at the bottom to prevent high RH from settling at the bottom

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
I dont have a wineador, but do have a 1500 count end table unit. I have mine on the top. The moist air will actually sink inside of the humidor. So if you put it at the bottom it is not keeping the top of the humidor at a lower humidity.

It is what works for me.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for the help guys. I have moved mine at the bottom now and am going to see how my readings do. Then I'm going to try the top as well.

Interesting thing I noticed today..
I usually have my CO plugged in with the strip cord on the side port of the unit. No problems at all, the unit's built in hygro always read +/- a few off 65RH. The hygros I have scattered throughout the levels were also rocks solid at around 65RH.

I saw the cord was getting a little twisted and I found that back port was a little more accessible. So I plugged it into the back port, left it for a few hours, did not move the unit from where it was (middle shelf) and all of a sudden the built in hygro started to read upwards of 75RH. My other hygros were reading around 68RH-69RH.

I thought it was weird and figured I would share just in case anyone noticed the same thing.

DJ