What's new

Cigar Oasis questions fro a NEWB..

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Brothers,
I looked and did not find a good thread..:lookaroun
My wife gave me an OASIS XL for V-Day, I have the "beads" from Heartfelt going and I am happy.
But I think I should use it as it was a gift....
I have a 120 ct would this be overkill or good to use?:wtf:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I thinkit's overkill considering the size of your humi and the space it will take. It sounds like she wants you to get a bigger humi or make a coolerdor.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
A lot of people use both the beads and an active humidification at the same time. As a matter of fact, I use an accumonitor along with a pound of beads in my cabinet.

Now, in regards to overkill for your size cooler...I'll let seomeone else chime in because I am not sure of the power of the Oasis XL but my first instinct is to say no, it is not overkill for a cabinet but not sure on a cooler since the damn things are so stable.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
A lot of people use both the beads and an active humidification at the same time. As a matter of fact, I use an accumonitor along with a pound of beads in my cabinet.
QUOTE]

I agree it's OK to use both beads and active humidification.
Now, in regards to overkill for your size cooler...I'll let seomeone else chime in because I am not sure of the power of the Oasis XL but my first instinct is to say no, it is not overkill for a cabinet but not sure on a cooler since the damn things are so stable.
He's using a 120CT humidor. I would this the COXL take up too much room. It will work, but cut down or your storage capabilities. Go buy a coleman and you are ready to buy some boxes.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
QUOTE]

I agree it's OK to use both beads and active humidification.

He's using a 129CT humidor. I would this the COXL take up too much room. It will work, but cut down or your storage capabilities. Go buy a coleman and you are ready to buy some boxes.

Man...I read that as a "120 qt cooler" for some reason when I read it the first time which is why I mentioned the stability of a cooler in my reply.

You are correct...major overkill for a 120 ct humi.