What's new

Cigar Oasis Ultra

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with the Cigar Oasis Ultra. I was thinking about getting one for my Desktop Pelican 1400. I am using two Boveda Packs 69% right now and they seem to be holding the humidity at 70%. Is there any advantage of using a Cigar Oasis? Also is the Cigar Oasis XL too big for a desktop?

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Never used one but my moderately-informed guess would be that it would be too big of a unit. Passive is probably better than active for a desktop.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I have the Cigar Oasis Ultra and it would be way overkill for a desktop.
I've had the Cigar Oasis... it's too much for a desktop. I would go with beads. There is an attachment with beads that fits within a desktop offered my Heartfelt called "Heartfelt Humidity Bead Case line of products." I got this for both a 300 count and a 500 count at home. Works great... thanks to BOTL for referring me to beads! Never will go back to another system unless I have something large enough that requires an active humidification system...

Walter

Scott
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have the oasis and agree it is overkill for a desktop also when electric goes out it will not turn back on till you reset it. I use beads with it and it keeps them charged and if electric goes out beads will keep my humidity at 65%. For a desktop I would definitely go with heartfelt beads.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How important is air circulation in the Pelican. It is completely airtight. Should I place a oust fan or an rv refrigerator fan inside. I usually open it at least once a day to get sticks out. The temperature usually runs 70-73F and humidity pinned at 70%. I am using a Xikar digital hygrometer that was calibrated and 2 69% Boveda Packs inside. Cannot lower the temperature as the Pelican is at work and I am at the mercy of the building engineer.
Thanks

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
How important is air circulation in the Pelican. It is completely airtight. Should I place a oust fan or an rv refrigerator fan inside. I usually open it at least once a day to get sticks out. The temperature usually runs 70-73F and humidity pinned at 70%. I am using a Xikar digital hygrometer that was calibrated and 2 69% Boveda Packs inside. Cannot lower the temperature as the Pelican is at work and I am at the mercy of the building engineer.
Thanks
If you open it once a day, I don't think you'll need an oust fan.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I didnt upgrade to the Oasis XL until I got a bigger cabinet type humi as well. The Oasis will take up too much room in a smaller desktop anyways, get some humi beads. The Oasis is deffinitely a great piece of equipment though for the price.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for everyone's input and advise. I think I will just keep things as is. However when I was asking about the Oasis I was referring to the small Oasis Ultra that fits in the lid of the humidor. The Bovedas are doing a great job.

Thanks Again