What's new

Cigar room...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fella's

Been gone for awhile, glad to be back. :cbig:

Back on track, Me and the little lady found out were going to have a baby. Now I dont smoke in the house now, but she gave me the ok to make a cigar/man cave in the basement. woot.

Its about 20' x 12' (im guessing havent actually messured it) So I was thinking about just running some duct work and a decent over head exhaust fan. Which I think would be find for just myself, but i have friends over quite a bit and may have as many as 4 people smoking.

So I'm looking for suggestions that are budget friendly? Any help would be appriciated!

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
My neighbor and I built a room on his house a couple years ago and found a few things...

1. a Single overhead exhaust isn't enough for two people - put two in, evenly spaced on the ceiling along the length.

2. a ceiling fan will help get the smoke up to the exhaust, put it between the two exhaust fans

3. Make sure you have no cold air returns to your heater in the room, or your house will pay the price. (we didn't have this problem, but worth mentioning)

4. Make sure your room is sealed well or the upstairs wills till get some of the residual

5. in time you might want to add an ionizer to kill the smoke smell, but in the mean time get a Lampe Berger and light it off when you're done w/ your cigar each time, it will really help.

6. Congrats on the baby news.

7. let us know how you get along on the room setup.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crap, I didnt even think about the AC/Heat unit as its rather close to my room and not sealed off...... fux,

hmmm, this may take more pondering than i had thought. Maybe ill just insulate and heat the garage...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The really difficult thing about a smoking room is the smoke. By yourself might be manageable but put three more of your buddies and it's going to be very difficult. If you want to do it right, you'll need to actually get the smoky air out of the room and replace it with fresh (or at least a good percentage of the smoky air).

Unfortunately, this means that cooling and heating during temperatures will be costly - not to mention the cost of designing, building and installing such a system. Though, if you can swing it, it will be the best place to enjoy a cigar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I hear ya, right now i cant invest too much money as Ive got a kitchen remodel, a land scaping project, and a new bathroom in the basement project all about to start. FML.