What's new

Cigar Storage while Fishing (temp control)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The dog days of summer are here.... and when i get a chance, I fish from sun up to well into the afternoon. THe issue is that by noon, the cigars in my herf are over heated and un-smokable.. even when kept in the shade. Its difficult to keep the temp regulated. Im afraid to keep them outside of the herf due to the high humidity of IL in July/August. Any recs to help remedy this? Not sure if keeping the herf in the cooler is a viable option or not. How do you guys store yours while fishing?

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I would keep the herfador in the cooler, that's what I do when I'm out camping in the desert. It can get up in the high 90's and very dry out, with a boveda inside and the herf in the cooler I'm good to go.
Is your herfador waterproof? If so, definitely put her in the cooler.
What they said

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
404   0   0
I have a separate 6 Pack cooler/Lunch box that I keep mine in with an ice-pack. I travel a lot for work and there are many times that my herfador sits in my hot car for an hour or two without the air on. Generally unless it is extremely hot outside this keeps the temp inside to a reasonable level. There are still a few times when the hygrometer temp shows that it is into the 80's but for the most part it keeps my sticks at a semi-reasonable temp. I do also do my best to keep the cooler out of the sunlight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436365945.500690.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436366054.279627.jpg

There is also a zippered pocket on the front of this cooler that is ideal for packing lighters, cutters, etc as well as a mesh pocket on the back that is perfect for my cigar brake.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436366188.500788.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wasn't sure how cold they would get in the cooler.... and how 50-60 degrees might impact them. I like the separate cooler idea... with a smaller ice pack. Probably not as cold as a chest full of ice water. Thanksl!!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This past weekend We fished from 6 to noon. My biggest mistake was to leave the herfador in direct sunlight. At the end of the tourney, to celebrate my monster 1/2 lb bass, I found that all the Undecrowns in my herf were so warm that they had nearly no draw... they were spongey like they get when they are over humidified. I'm sure it was 90+ degrees inside that herf when i opened it. Not sure of the RH level though.

StogieFisher

Trolling troll is trolling.
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Never had a problem with my smokes when I go fishin, I usually just throw my herfador in my fishing bag and pull them out as needed. o_O

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I've kept my sticks in my trunk in my golf bag and on the cart for longer than that and usually they are fine.
Same experience here. Much of the summer is 100 degrees out here. I have always just put my smokes in my herfadore while golfing and haven't had a problem yet.

StogieFisher

Trolling troll is trolling.
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Are you using a humidifier in your herfador or just throwing the sticks in? Doesn't warm air hold more moisture? Maybe the humidity is spiking if you have a humidifier in there at 90-100F?

I'm a noob but just taking a shot in the dark here.