What's new

Cigars splitting open

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I've noticed lately that my cigars are splitting while I'm smoking them. They seem fine in my humidor, but when I remove one to smoke it it generally will split at some point during the smoke.

My humidor's temp is a constant 72 degrees and 68% humidity.

Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks,

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
"You had an almost exact thread started last year"

Sorry, but I have a hard time remembering yesterday, let alone a year ago. Thanks for the link, seems like that's my problem. I'll try to remember not to ask this same question next year...

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Sorry, but I have a hard time remembering yesterday, let alone a year ago. Thanks for the link, seems like that's my problem. I'll try to remember not to ask this same question next year...

No worries, I did an advance search for the answer and found it right off. See you next February. :halfgrinw

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thanks Steve, maybe I'll have to stop and do a search before posting questions, that does sound like the smart thing to do. I tend to just fire off my questions; I should know better.

CoolP

Toro! Toro! Toro!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this post. The 2nd link explains why one of my Pepins split while I was smoking outside in the cold. I searched for a month and didn't find this. The Bros on this board rock!!