What's new

cigars too moist...messing up my birthday week!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So I have a problem. I am pretty sure my humidor is leaky as hell. Cigars are all.....feeling a bit softer than they use to....at first I assumed it was me...then the cigars I have been smoking out of there tasted harsh and bitter(and honestly burned wonky) the first time it happened I assumed it was just a bad smoke.
I have been using boveda 65% packs to humidify/take out excess humidity. I honestly don't have a digital hygrometer as I assumed and was told by a few friends to not worry about it and bovedas are pretty much super accurate.
I bought a snap lock plastic container to hold all my cigars and I will be putting a good amount of beads in it soon when I get them...within this week I hope!
So my questions to you.
What do you guys think would be the best way to dry out my smokes? I am thinking of using that plastic tupperware type thing with some beads in it while. I have about 45 cigars right now. I hope I can salvage some of these sooner rather than later as I wanted to smoke some of my prizes for my bday week!.I guess I could always buy some smokes at my local...but alas they are not the ones I have been saving for such a day......:cryloud:
Also do you guys have any idea on how to cure(get rid of the plastic smell) and if that is going to be an issue? with the tupperware?
Thanks for reading my rambling rant with bad grammar!

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
I usually dry box my sticks before I light up. I have an inexpensive humi that I never seasoned, and keep what I'm going to smoke in it with a 65% boveda. Works well for me.

Another option would be getting some kitty litter & using that as dry beads in your tupperware. I've not had issues with tupperware smelling of plastic before. I think a quick wash should do the trick.

Hope that helps!