What's new

Cooler or another plastic container

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New guy here. I have only been at it a few months. I have a Yukon 50 sticks humidor and it is full. I could not pass up a deal at the cigar shop and bought two boxes of some that I really like and have tried. 5 Vegas Classic and Miami My question is should I just bite the bullet and go to a coolidor? If I do not keep it fille dup will it hurt the RH in there? I plan on using Heartfelt beads and just sitting like it normally would be sitting and using old wooden cigar boxes in it. Is there anything wrong with that or should I stay with something smaller like a tupperdor? I have read the sticky on the subject. I am just looking for a nudge or a push in any given direction. I was contemplating just getting another desktop but after reading on here I have determined that to be silly. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Go with a cooler if you can't pass up a deal and buy two boxes just like that, around here that kind of stuff happens all the time. I told myself I wasn't going to buy anymore sticks for a while and that was 45 sticks ago, you'll need the room so go with as big as you can afford now so that you don't end up with 20 small desk tops lying around. Keeping the empty boxes in is recommended cause it will help stabilize the RH inside, the more stuff in it the better. A lot of us use kitty litter from Walmart cause it's about $4 a bag and will last a long time so also look at that as an option. Good luck.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
while i am all for pushing people down the slope, if you DO want to stay off the decision, i have kept boxes bagged with bovedas for months. freezer grade gallon bags, three of them, around the box, with a boveda.

if you DO want a bigger stash, YES go cooler! buy about 50% more than you think you need (trust me), and fill the empty space with cigar boxes, as the cedar helps stabilize humidity much better than empty space.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Funny. I have my box of 5 Vegas Classic in side of two freezer bags with one boveda right now. Yeah, it is that bad in my house already. I never go over budget. I just go over board. :skew: