What's new

Coolidor Experience

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Guys

So after running out of room quite quickly in my 2 tupperdors, I opted to go the coolidor route. Bought several small all cedar cigar boxes and 4 cedar cigar trays and dividers from cheaphumidors.com to store all my singles.

I ordered a 70qt coleman xtreme 5 hour cooler from walmart.com . Of course it said that there were not available at any store near me so i had it shipped to the store for pickup.... And OF COURSE when I actually drove 25 minutes to the nearest walmart they had coolers galore all over the place and the cooler i ordered online as well as the 120 qt (which i was leaning towards) :argh:

I saw a post on puff.com about using distilled white vinegar to clean the cooler and it worked quite well!

Here is what I did:

Poured a half inch into bottom of cooler and scrubbed the crap out of all areas with a clean rag and then let it sit for 1 hour. Scrubbed it again and rinsed the cooler several times with distilled water. Let it sun dry for almost a whole day in the hot sun (california). Then repeated the vinegar scrub and wash one more time and dried it completely with a new clean towel. After letting it air dry for a few hours I put a dish of baking soda in it for another 12 hours with lid closed and we are good to go! No plastic smell.

I am probably more paranoid and obsessive than most... but that's just what i did. Having all my sticks in there and the possibility of them being tainted will keep me up at night

Happy smoking

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Ethan, can you post photos of the cedar trays inside the cooler? I've been wondering how they fit.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
lilninjabuddy here you go! I have 4 trays in there stacked. Can fit probably 2 more on top as well. Trays are dope!

Btw my cooler is Coleman xtreme 70 qt

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Yeah I know they fit in the 120, it's 12.6" internal and the trays are 12.5". I was really hoping they would fit that way in the 70 or 80. Oh well!