What's new

Coolidor setup I have for our Task Force cigar smokers

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Our little Coleman stays tucked away in the corner of the office. All the cigar smokers know where it is, and access it on a daily basis. My dad sends me distilled water for my HF beads in small bottles.

The top layer is where all of the cigars we receive in care packages go. This is the most heavily raided area that consists of 3 small tupperware containers, a re-used cigar box, and my always present cab of PCRs that I like to share with guys when we don't have a lot of time for a smoke. To give you an idea as to how many cigars we go through, 3 weeks ago this cooler was packed to the brim and had literally 0 free space. It's around 1/2-2/3 full now. Needless to say... we smoke a lot of cigars out here.

The second layer is where I keep the more HTF/premium smokes. I have a piece of paper placed over both these containers that says something to the extent of "This is my personal collection. Please don't touch." We reserve these for the regular group we have that will fully appreciate them. Nothing like handing a $10-$15 cigar to a new smoker only for them to get about an 1" into it and decide cigars aren't for them.

The bottom layer of my old desktop humidor. As you can see I always keep a couple of LE/HTF tats around for special occasions. ;) Prior to our deployment My Father sent us 4 boxes of Le Bijou 1922. These are our main staples when we all get together and really want to enjoy a good cigar. Our every day smokes are more along the lines of the Gran Habano Vintage line or similar. ($5 or less sticks)

The HF beads work beautifully to keep the cooler stable between 65%-70%. The office also always stays around 70F so it works out perfectly. I picked up this Meade Thermometer/Hygrometer on Amazon with two extra wireless sensors for like $50 bucks. I left all 4 of them in the cooler overnight and all 4 showed exactly 68%, which is exactly what my recently calibrated Hygro was displaying. I was pleasantly surprised with the accuracy of these things. I now have one wireless sensor outside, one in the cooler, and a spare. The base unit will display a total of 3 different channels and records highs/lows. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Wow great example of sharing with everyone. Of course, those "private collection" cigars are going to the most coveted smokes in the container. You've created your own "cuban" line that no one's allowed to touch! :stretchgr

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Hahaha, I wish it were a whole line of CCs! I only have a couple. There is actually a group of 5 or 6 guys that I always smoke with who I share the private collection with on a regular basis. I just want to make sure that the good stuff is going to be appreciated. ;)

Wow great example of sharing with everyone. Of course, those "private collection" cigars are going to the most coveted smokes in the container. You've created your own "cuban" line that no one's allowed to touch! :stretchgr