What's new

coolidor trouble

Rhenford

Cigar Neophyte
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have recently constructed a coolidor and I am having issues with a humidity bead case. It keeps humidity just fine but I am having difficulty putting it on the inside lid of the box.
It came with some magnets with adhesive on one side. They attach just fine to the textured surface of the box but not to the inside lid of the cooler. I tried scoring the spots where the magnets would go and used superglue to attach it. That lasted less than 10 minutes.
I really like the magnet concept and would like to make this happen. Anyone else have this issue?

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Instead of magnets, try using industrial strength velcro. That stuff sticks to pretty much anything, holds like no other, and can support a lot of weight (1 1x2 piece might support 2-3 lbs upside down!).

Good luck with it

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
use a hot glue gun to mount the magnet... almost everybody has a hot glue gun...

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
i would suggest PL glue or pvc/abs glue or even oatey x-15, but something tells me you wouldn't have any!! contact adhisive would work too... coat both surfaces, let dry, attach!

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
All good suggestions above!

If you're dead-set on using your magnetic mount, take the piece you're trying to mount and punch a hole in the center. Use a short flat-head screw to mount the piece on the lid. You could ding the hole in the piece and slightly counter-sink the hole in the lid to allow the plate and screw to fit flush.

If that's too much work... Hot glue!

Rhenford

Cigar Neophyte
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try hot glue. If that doesn't work then velcro it is.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mighty Putty :thumbsup:

No seriously, I think most coolers are made of Poly Propylene. If that's the case no adhesive will hold.
Suggestion, take a piece of cedar for your mounting base and mount that to the inside lid with some stainless or brass self tapping screws. Pre-drill all the holes first and it should be easy to self thread them thru the plastic.

Last edited:

CWL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did your cooler come with a perforated interior tray? Mine did and I just set my humidifying unit on that.